Recipe by kmdipaolo
This has become a family favorite at Easter. No one will know that it's lite on calories. You can color the coconut on top to make it more festive.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package reduced-fat white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare mix according to package directions, omitting oil and adding 6 tablespoons coconut.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Punch holes in top of the cake with a wooden pick.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and coconut extract; stir well.
- Pour half of mixture over warm cake, gently working mixture into holes.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Punch additional holes in the top of cake and repeat process.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with remaining 6 tablespoons of coconut.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.