Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I loved this pecan pie recipe.. it is very smooth and light. The recipe was given to be by my cousin who actually got it from the back of the Karo corn syrup bottle. Chill time of 2 hours is recommended. Great for Thanksgiving!
- 1 cup karo lite syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon spice islands pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
- High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.