Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A light and easy chicken dish!
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced carrots
- 3⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- Combine 1 teaspoon tarragon, salt and pepper. Rub onto chicken.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken 3 minutes on each side.
- Add tomato juice, broth, and remaining tarragon. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add carrots, pepper, and celery. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes.
This is very good. I love the delicate flavor of the tarragon (we used 1 T. fresh, as we assumed the recipe was referring to 1 t. dried tarragon). Made for ZWT8.
We enjoyed this healthy, flavorful chicken recipe. I made as written with two exceptions. I substituted red pepper for the green pepper. I also precooked the carrots a bit because we prefer our carrots a little softer. Thanks for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Always looking for simple recipes using chicken breasts and this worked very well for me. I had to make a quick substitution as I discovered after the chicken was in the pan there was no tomato juice in the pantry. Chose condensed tomato soup and mixed it with equal part of water for thinning. Given the earlier comment about spices, I also used the full amount of tarragon though I cut the recipe in half. The results were just delicious and had a good amount of tarragon both on the chicken and in the tomato sauce. Thanks loof. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.