Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe at myalli.com and fell in love with it. It is a great easy recipe when you are looking to cook for one person.
- 2 ounces whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon trans-fat free canola margarine
- 2 fluid ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 2 fluid ounces evaporated skim milk (12 oz. canned)
- 4 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Chop tomatoes coarsely; peel and mince garlic.
- Melt margarine over low heat in a small saucepan; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 fl. oz. (2 Tbsp.) of the chicken stock; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the evaporated milk and bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a small skillet; sauté chicken for about 4 minutes per side, or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, bring remaining 1 fl. oz. (2 Tbsp.) of chicken stock to a boil, stirring up any bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add to the cream sauce in the saucepan; stir in chopped basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
- To serve, place pasta on serving plate, top with chicken (sliced diagonally, if desired), and top with cream sauce.
This was good. The sun-dried tomatoes and basil give it a really refreshing taste. Made for Spring PAC 2010.