Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty made with light mayonnaise and less of it than most recipes to reduce fat and calories. Seedless grapes grapes add a nice crunch and sweetness too. Can be used as a salad on lettuce or a sandwich spread. Use turkey instead of chicken after Thanksgiving to use holiday leftovers
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs turkey breast
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb seedless grapes, cut half of the grapes into halves
- 3 -4 stalks celery
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups cashews
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil chicken 1/2 hour, or until completely cooked.
- Cool and cube.
- Slice celery and onions.
- Combine chicken, grapes, celery and onions.
- Add dressing mixture and mix well.
- Chill 4 hours before serving.
LOVE this salad. It was one of my favorite to buy from a local deli, so I was happy to find this recipe for it. I get asked for the recipe everytime I make it. Thanks!