Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This is a recipe that I found on Todd Wilbur's website, and with Chef Deborah of Vegsource, I have changed it to come up with this clone I am very happy with.
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground millstone caramel truffle coffee
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 3⁄4 cup plain soymilk or 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon guar gum (a thickener available at a Health Food Store)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite caramel sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coffee in a filter, place in basket of coffee maker.
- Fill water reservoir with the water.
- Brew coffee, then pour the brewd coffee into water reservoir to brew again.
- Place cooled coffee in blender with guar gum, sweetener, soy milk or milk, blend 15 seconds.
- Add ice cubes, buzz another 15 seconds.
- Pour into serving glass, drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Insert straw and enjoy, you didn't even have to get dressed to go to Starbucks.
- Tip: To clean the coffee maker after making these, brew water through it to clean.
- Every week I clean it with vinegar, place vinegar to fill up the coffee pot, brew twice with the vinegar (use a filter, then discard to clean with the water, next step) then brew water (pour out water and refill with fresh water for second brew) through machine twice.