Recipe by lkg3
This is a recipe that I modified for fewer calories, but it still tastes great! I use Egg Beaters b/c they are fat & cholesterol free and have less than 1/2 the calories of an egg. Also, because I use 1/2 the sugar (originally called for 1 c), the riper the bananas the better, I wait until they are too ripe to eat.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup light butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use organic cane sugar, but white granulated is fine, too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (stirred into banana mixture) (optional)
- nuts (stirred in after sugar) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash together softened butter, bananas and eggs.
- In measuring cup, mix flour, salt and baking soda, then stir into banana mixture.
- Mix in sugar.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch loaf pan or two loaf pans (sometimes I grease it, sometimes I don't!).
- Bake for 45 minutes. If a toothpick inserted in the "broken" part of the loaf doesn't come out clean, cover w/ tin foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.