Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are lots of buffalo chicken pasta salad recipes out there, and as wonderful as they are and SO great to take to a BBQ or cookout, the fat content is outrageous! This is my version, lightened up a bit. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions for al-dente and cooled (or farfalle or other medium sized pasta)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 -5 celery ribs, diced
- 4 -5 green onions, diced (use all but the toughest of the dark green leaves)
- 1 cup light bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (preferably Frank's, and have more to add to taste)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, poached and shredded (rotisserie works well!)
- Combine all ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly with dressing. Taste and add hot sauce as preferred for more heat, stirring in well. Refrigerate until cold, at least 45 minutes, and serve.