Recipe by Peyton's Mom
This is a family favorite. I am posting this as a light version to the traditional "southern style banana pudding".
- 3 -4 medium bananas (slice, as needed)
- 1 2⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) box reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 (12 ounce) container light whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain juice and reserve for future use-great in iced tea)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mix vanilla pudding and 1 2/3 cup of milk together until well blended, let stand until firm. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a large glass bowl or trifle bowl, layer vanilla wafers to cover bottom, cover with pudding mixture, banana slices to cover pudding then cover banans with crushed pineapple. Continue layering, ending with pudding on top. Crush remaining vanilla wafers and cover pudding with crumbs. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve cold.
- **Please note, I don't recommend using Fat Free Whipped Topping as it doesn't have enough body to hold the fruit and tends to be runny**.