Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cuisine at Home
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or 4 T. unsalted butter)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lemon, zest of
- black pepper, to taste
- Blend milk, ricotta, yogurt, onion, garlic, salt, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Whisk in blended mixture until smooth.
- Simmer sauce until it thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and zest; season with pepper.
- Toss with hot cooked linguine.
- 16 servings--90 calories (sauce only).