Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an interesting weekday dinner. Any firm fleshed fish can be used. I sometimes place sliced onions along with the fish to the dish which makes for a richer flavour in the gravy in the end.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm fleshed white fish fillets
- 1 (410 g) canwhole litchis, stoned and in light syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Cut fish into portions and place in dish.
- Drain litchis, reserving the juice.
- Mix litchi juice, water and soup powder well.
- Pour this over the fish and cover the dish.
- Bake for ± 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and arrange whole litchis over the fish.
- Bake for a few minutes, uncovered, until the litchis are hot and the sauce is thick.
- Garnish with parsley and serve piping hot.
This was pretty good and very easy.