Recipe by NurseLissa
Not your typical, boring smothered chicken! I serve this often for dinner guests. Tastes even better as leftovers! For an even better flavor, soak the chicken in salt water before cooking.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast in 9 x 13 pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with onions, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Place 3 bacon strips on each breast.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken and bacon are done.
- Remove from oven and top each breast with one slice of cheese.
- Let sit untill cheese is melted and serve.