6 hrs 15 mins
My French Canadian mother-in-law gave me this recipe. She makes this once a year and gives each of her kids' families one or two loaves. We covet these like gold. She says this makes two loaves. If you are making this in regular loaf pans instead of the thinner pâté pans, it will likely not make two loaves filled all the way. You could fill the regular loaf pans just to half in order to get the two loaves or double the recipe. If you fill the regular loaf pans, this is very rich, so when you cut the loaf, you might want to halve each slice for a serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a bowl, mix together first seven ingredients. Set aside.
- 3Using either a pâté pan or loaf pan, put a layer of the mix you made, then a layer of chicken, then mix again, then a layer of pork. Continue with this pattern until the pan is full, making sure to end with the mix.
- 4Place 3 bay leaves over the top and cover with aluminum.
- 5Place a casserole pan of water on the bottom rack of your oven.
- 6Place pâté pans on the top rack and cook for six hours.
- 7Check to make sure you keep water in the water bath, adding some as needed.
- 8After the six hours, pull from oven and carefully drain oil and fat.
- 9Place newspaper and cooling racks on the counter. Turn pâtés onto racks, allowing to drip.
- 10Let pâtés cool completely then wrap in aluminum foil and freeze in freezer bags.
- 11Important, this is best if you allow it to remain in the freezer for at least one month before eating.
- 12To serve, allow to defrost completely, then slice in 1/4 inch slices and serve with good crusty french bread or high quality crackers.
Nutritional Facts for Lise's Pâté D'campagne
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: