Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fabulous dessert, rather like a mousse. Posted for zwt6. time does not include chilling time
- 14.79 ml gelatin
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml milk, scalded
- 158.51 ml pure maple syrup
- 0.59 ml salt
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, whipped (35%m.f.)
- fresh fruit, and
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, and then stir into scalded milk.
- Add maple syrup and salt and chill until mixture begins to thicken, approximately 45 minutes.
- Prepare whipped cream and gently fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a large bowl or individual serving dishes. Chill several hours, until firm. Garnish with fruit and mint leaves, if desired.
So YUMMY and a very "light" dessert. I did add about 1/3 cup more of Maple syrup since we didn't find it maply enough LOL I did have a hard time folding the gelatin/syrup mix into the whipped cream ( it was chunky ) so I just used my mixer on low and it mixed in great and still set into a mousse. Can't wait to make this for my FIL who is a diehard maple syrup fan Made for Newest Zaar Tag Nov Thanks for a great recipe