Recipe by Cook4_6
This recipe was entered into one of our corporate cook-offs. Courtesy of Lisa Maynard. cooking time reflects baking and refrigerated time.
- 1 cup pecan pieces, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, 50 crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 24 Kraft caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate squares (Baker's box. Can sub 1 cup chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 13 x 9 pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of the pan.
- Set 1/2 cup of pecans aside.
- Finely chop remaining pecans.
- Mix wafer crumbs, chopped pecans and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add sour cream, flour and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs one at a time on low speed until just blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely.
- Place caramels in the microwave on high for 1 minute or until completely melted when stirred. Pour over cheesecake.
- Top with reserved pecans.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package, and drizzle over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate atleast 4 hours.
- Use foil handles to remove cheesecake from the pan.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
- Store leftovers in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.