I got this great recipe from a recipe pamphlet but I can't remember which company put it out! It's an easy bean dip that's great with corn chips or tortilla chips. Add more cheese if you like.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine beans, taco seasoning and tomatoes in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and stir to melt, then serve!
I liked this dip and it was really easy to make but it was too salty for me. I'm guessing that you can find a low sodium taco mix so that would be a good substitute. We ended up almost as equal amount of sour cream and that toned it down. Made for linguinelisa's Football Pool win. Thanks! :)