Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that my friend DeLynn's best friend gave to us. This is the recipe I use for normal chocolate chip cookies, but I've recently been making them with Nestlé's new White & Milk Chocolate Swirled chips. This is a yummy soft and delicious cookie!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Nestle semi-sweet and white chocolate swirled chocolate morsels, divided (You can also use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in 2 cups of Swirled Chocolate Chips.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, about 2-inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the several of the reserved swirled chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
Good cookies! I made exactly as directed, except with only 2 cups chocolate chips. I did discover that at 350, the cookies needed to be taken out of the oven while just beginning to brown at the edges- they the are perfect when cooled. At 325, they spread out much more and I got a thinner cookie. Perfect choc. chip recipe, and makes a good amount of large cookies. I got maybe 6 dozen 4inch cookies?
I may have found a new chocolate chip cookie recipe! I like chocolate chip cookies that are on the thinner less cakey side so these were perfect for me. This recipe made 42 for me, although I think it could have made 45-48 since I made some of them large. I also made a few soft and left a few longer so I could have some crispy cookies too. My changes to the recipe were: used 1/4 cup less white sugar and 1/4 cup less brown sugar and I used semisweet Ghiradelli chips in the mix and topped the cookies with milk chocolate Ghiradelli chips.
My new favorite chocolate chip recipe! Made them several times with swirled and regular chips! I love the texture and they have the perfect amount of salt! They looked dry coming out of the oven but the center is moist and chewy! Everyone requests them now!