Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A low-sugar lighter recipe banana nut bread.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas (aprox. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted or soft)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 egg
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Stir together flour, oat bran, baking soda, and baking powder. set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. to the bananas add in the buttermilk, butter,apple sauce, vanilla, splenda baking, and add in the egg. beat well with a mixer. add the banana mixture to the four mixture and blend until totally.
- incorporated. add in the cup of walnuts. cook for 35 minutes or until.
- toothpick inserted into middle comes out dry. let cool and then wrap well.
- this recipe made 3 mini loaves and they were moist and wonderful tasting.