Recipe by Lisa / rose2799 Arnold
This a wonderful spring and summertime dessert. Family and friends will just love it. This recipe came to me from the retired cook for the governor of Mississippi. She only used peaches to make this dessert for the governor and his family. You can also use fresh peaches or blueberries--just make sure to get the right kind of Jello for each fruit. :)
Top Review by Sabia
This is a wonderful dessert. There is only one change I'll make next time. I didn't care for the jello layer so much. I cut this recipe in half and used a square pan. Next time, for the topping, I'll put sliced strawberries down (as suggested) and then, instead of the jello, water and cornstarch, I'm going to use the leftover whip cream (there is leftover because I cut the recipe in half) and blend that with some strawberries to make a whipped strawberry topping to place on top.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 medium Cool Whip
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together for the crust then mix in pecans.
- Use a 9x13-inch pan; spray with nonstick spray and then press crust mixture in the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Let crust cool completely.
- For Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar together; add Cool Whip and mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread over your crust and chill until you are ready to place your strawberries on top of the filling.
- Wash and slice your fresh strawberries and place then over the top of your filling.
- Cook first 3 ingredients together on stove top until thick (you may have to add a little more cornstarch to make sure mixture gets thick). Stir in your strawberry Jello and pour over your fresh strawberries and cream cheese filling.
- Let chill for 3-5 hours.
- Slice and serve with a little Cool Whip on top with a slice of fresh strawberry for garnish.