Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love sour cream chicken enchiladas so I came up with this recipe and added the cream cheese to make them extra special. The recipe uses flour tortillas but I am sure you could use corn tortillas if that is what you prefer. I cook the chicken breasts by baking or boiling them. I did not add the chicken cook time in the recipe total cook time because I usually either use chicken left over from another meal or prepare in advance and freeze. I usually serve this with mexican rice and quacamole salad with tortilla chips. I hope you enjoy them.
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, green chilies and chicken.
- Place equal spoonfuls of chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas and place in 13 X 9 inch.
- Mix and heat until smooth, soup, sour cream and salt.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
these are absolutely incredibly delicious! my hubby, who rates my cooking on a scale of 1 to 10, and usually gives me around an 8, gives these a solid 9! if you knew my hubby, who is so quiet and unopinionated about everything, you would realize what a 9 really means! lol! my hubby actually got excited about dinner when i told him i was making these. heck, he's a virgo and never gets emotional or excited about anything! lol!!!!
This was amazing!.. I put my chicken breasts in the slowcooker all day with enchilada sauce, and it was perfect!!.... Husband loved it!. definitely a new favorite!
Nice enchiladas. I used large burrito-sized tortillas and Mexican 4-blend cheese. Simple, creamy and good. Thanks Okiegirl for a nice dinner. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.