Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Pasta sauce recipe with tomato puree. Makes a great basic sauce. Add some red wine or small can of tomato sauce if sauce becomes too thick. Freezes well. Great with fresh basil added.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Saute onion in olive oil, add garlic during last 3 minutes of cooking, then add onion and garlic to slow cooker. Brown beef, drain fat, and add with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on high for approx 4 hours in slow cooker or for 8 hours on medium. Taste halfway through cooking and adjust spices as desired.
Absolutely delicious! This is easy to prepare...not sure about the slow cooker process...I cooked it on high and it was hot and bubbly after 2 hours...so turned it down to low and let it simmer another 2 hours for dinner...I made as posted using all the optional items including the fresh basil...we loved the heat that the red peppers flakes added to the dish...I've always used a touch of sugar in my sauce...Made for Spring 2014 PAC
Made this for Pac Orphanage 2012 and what an easy and tasty spaghetti sauce. I did add a little leftover turkey sausage (which I browned up first) with the ground beef and some left over diced tomatoes and red pepper flakes but otherwise followed the recipe. I have enough left over that I froze some for another meal. Thank you for submitting the recipe and I will be making this again.