Pasta sauce recipe with tomato puree. Makes a great basic sauce. Add some red wine or small can of tomato sauce if sauce becomes too thick. Freezes well. Great with fresh basil added.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Saute onion in olive oil, add garlic during last 3 minutes of cooking, then add onion and garlic to slow cooker. Brown beef, drain fat, and add with remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on high for approx 4 hours in slow cooker or for 8 hours on medium. Taste halfway through cooking and adjust spices as desired.