Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I just love this recipe - it's low in calories and fat, but you would never guess it from the taste. This dish is rich, creamy and delicious. And best of all, it's quick & easy to prepare! Enjoy!
- 350 g salmon (About 2 good sized boneless & skinless fillets)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 200 g linguine (I use whole wheat)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Brush salmon fillets evenly with lemon juice, and bake for 10-20 mins (depending on thickness of fillets) at 400 F, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Let cool slightly, and crumble fish into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, put ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, garlic and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Then pour into a saucepan over low heat until warmed (do not let boil.) If sauce seems too thick, add small amounts of milk until it reaches desired consistency.
- Steam broccoli chopped into small pieces until just tender, and stir into cheese sauce.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until el dente.
- Toss pasta and cheese/broccoli mixture until well mixed.
- Gently stir in salmon pieces, or if desired, sprinkle on top of individual plates before serving.
- Serve Immediately.
very tasty and very quick. I used a bit more ricotta.
This was a nice, simple combination of great ingredients that went really well together. I did find that the cheese sauce got sucked up very quickly by the pasta and kind of vanished, leaving just a few curds - I would want to double it next time, I think. I also cooked the broccoli by dumping it in with the pasta just before the pasta was done, to save a pot. I used leftover salmon, which worked fine. I would also be inclined to add some herbs for a livlier flavour. Still, this was a very satisfying supper which we enjoyed.