Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Love chili with the smaller beans. This is a great basic recipe that can easily modified. I often use mexican rotel in place of the diced tomatoes. Some cinnamon or some red wine (but not in combination) are good modifications.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef (Angus)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- Brown ground sirloin with Worcestershire in pan, drain any fat. Remove ground beef and add to 2 quart pot along with tomatoes and tomato sauce and start heating while sauteing onions and peppers until soft. Combine remaining ingredients except beans in 2 quart pot, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add red beans 10 minutes before serving.