Recipe by blucoat
This kugel won first prize at Yiddishkayt LA's "Kugl Kukh-Off". Unlike most creamy kugels, this one is sweetened with honey rather than sugar and has a very delicate flavour. Sometimes Lisa adds vanilla, pours in whole milk for a lighter result, or adds extra butter or cream cheese for an even more luscious kugel. Enjoy!
- salt, to taste
- 16 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, softened (plus more for the dish)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven at 350°F Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles according to package instructions until they are tender. Drain them and rinse with cold water. Spread them evenly in the baking dish.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese. Beat in the honey, followed by the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the sour cream. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Pour it over the noodles.
- Bake the kugel for 45 to 60 minutes or until it is set and golden brown. Let the kugel sit for 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.