Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
After trying so many different recipes for meatloaf, I finally combined everything I liked from each recipe and came up with this one. It is the juiciest meatloaf I've ever had, and it tastes fantastic. The cheese definitely makes it!
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (spicy or mild)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet cook the onion, carrots, and green peppers in butter over moderate heat, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Cover and stir occasionally until the carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 c ketchup. Cook for 1 more minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, vegetables, and cheese.
- Form into a loaf and put into a 8 x 8 pan
- Cover with remaining ketchup. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes, drain, and serve.