Recipe by * Pamela *
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account as I am always on the look out for make ahead desserts. This is the original introduction: "This is a recipe that has been a fave in our family. They got their name because they are so good that they are 'guaranteed to make your jeans fit tighter'. Cheesy saying, I know, but they are really good!(= Hope you enjoy them too!"
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (13 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut margarine into flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; mix well.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, blend all frosting ingredients until creamy and spread over bars.