I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account as I am always on the look out for make ahead desserts. This is the original introduction: "This is a recipe that has been a fave in our family. They got their name because they are so good that they are 'guaranteed to make your jeans fit tighter'. Cheesy saying, I know, but they are really good!(= Hope you enjoy them too!"
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (13 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut margarine into flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; mix well.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, blend all frosting ingredients until creamy and spread over bars.
These were good. I made the recipe as written. I think the filling was great but the crust needed something more, but the frosting rocked.
Just made these and could not wait until they were cool. Cut a piece out of the pan and put a little frosting on it. DELICIOUS! My daughter will be gobbling these up after play practice. Thanks for posting!
Ok! I was wrong! These totally rock, frosting and all! (I OD'ed on them when they first came out of the oven, and reached my sugar quotient! That's why I thought the frosting was initially unnecessary.) I can admit when I'm wrong! This one's a definite keeper! Thanks for posting!