Recipe by Lisa Reinbolt - Rochester,NY
This is a great Jelly to use for parties, get-togethers or for a complement to meats and side dishes. It is both Hot and sweet and a deligtful addition to any gathering.
- 4 hot peppers, seeded and de-veined, wear gloves when working with hot peppers (Your Choice of Peppers)
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dry fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- First Prepare your Canning Jars. You can Make this recipe as Freezer Jam or it can be canned in a hot water bath.
- Place the Peppers in a food processor and process until very fine. a few chunks is ok. Then Place peppers, vinegar,and fruit Pectin in Heavy sauce pot. *Make sure this pot is deeper so that the jelly cannot boil over.
- Bring this to a rolling boil, One that you can not stir down. Boil for exactly One (1) minute. Quickly add Sugar , Return to a rolling boil.
- When it starts to boil again, remove from burner and skim off and discard the foam on top.
- Ladle into jelly jars and seal the tops.
- If canning Place sealed jars into your canner, Place rack into boiling water and process for 5 minutes. Remove from canner and set on a towel or rack to cool. Store in a Cool Dark Place.
- Processed jelly can keep for a Year or longer.