Lisa Reinbolt - Rochester,NY's Note:
This is a great Jelly to use for parties, get-togethers or for a complement to meats and side dishes. It is both Hot and sweet and a deligtful addition to any gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First Prepare your Canning Jars. You can Make this recipe as Freezer Jam or it can be canned in a hot water bath.
- 2Place the Peppers in a food processor and process until very fine. a few chunks is ok. Then Place peppers, vinegar,and fruit Pectin in Heavy sauce pot. *Make sure this pot is deeper so that the jelly cannot boil over.
- 3Bring this to a rolling boil, One that you can not stir down. Boil for exactly One (1) minute. Quickly add Sugar , Return to a rolling boil.
- 4When it starts to boil again, remove from burner and skim off and discard the foam on top.
- 5Ladle into jelly jars and seal the tops.
- 6If canning Place sealed jars into your canner, Place rack into boiling water and process for 5 minutes. Remove from canner and set on a towel or rack to cool. Store in a Cool Dark Place.
- 7Processed jelly can keep for a Year or longer.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lisa's Hot Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g