Recipe by Mickey D
I received this recipe from a dear friend before she moved away. I used to make a Hot Clam Dip for my parties that went over very well, but when she made this one year, everyone forgot about the Clam Dip! I now make 2 batches so that when one is almost gone, I pop the other in the oven!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over (can substitute king crab meat)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (white wine worcestershire goes nice also)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and spread into a flat oven proof dish.
- I start with 1 tbsp of milk.
- If it looks dry, use the other.
- Mixture should be smooth& creamy, not stiff.
- Sprinkle top with almonds, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
- Freezes well, just freeze before baking and without the nuts.