1/2 Photos of Lisa's Homemade Chocolate Covered Peanuts
This is so easy and so impressive. The taste is fantastic. The texture is smooth and creamy. The flavor depends on the quality of chips you buy but the kids enjoy the store brand (cheap ones) the best They make great teacher gifts, if you package them up nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (12 ounce) packages butterscotch chips
- 12 -16 ounces salted peanuts, no skin
- 1This is a two to one for the chocolate covering.
- 2Melt the chocolate in double boiler with the butterscotch chips Or you can use a large micro safe bowl (50% power for 30 secs) at a time till melted.
- 3Pour in the peanuts.
- 4Stir till coated.
- 5Drop by tablespoon full on to parchment paper.
- 6Cool till hard.
- 7Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- 8Mine never lasted longer than a week but I don't recommend that you serve them much after a week of shelving.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lisa's Homemade Chocolate Covered Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (1366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3659.4
- Calories from Fat 2118
- Total Fat 235.4 g
- Saturated Fat 124.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1718.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 374.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 328.7 g
- Protein 55.3 g