Recipe by 2bizzy
I found this in a bed and breakfast cookbook, and it quickly became my husband's favorite breakfast treat.
Top Review by LainieBug
Yummy treat for Sunday breakfast. I had never heard of using baking mix for French toast and really enjoyed the result. I used Bisquick Heart Smart, egg substitute and skim milk.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 loaf French bread, day old
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except bread until smooth.
- Slice bread into 1" thick slices. Soak in batter until aturated. (I often pour the batter into a jelly roll pan and lay the bread slices on top, let them sit a minute and flip them over until all liquid is absorbed.).
- Fry over medium heat in 1/4" oil until done.