1/1 Photo of Lisa's Easy Mushroom Gravy
My yummy gravy for a special Roast Beast :) !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- sliced fresh mushrooms (1 large container)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup beef drippings (or less)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy (Heinz HomeStyle Savory Beef)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 6 ounces beef broth (Chicken works fine too)
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning (Salt Free)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- black pepper (to taste)
- cornstarch (approx 2 TB) (optional)
- 2 ounces beef broth (Chicken works fine too) (optional)
- 1Saute mushrooms in Olive Oil &/or Butter until tender & slightly browned.
- 2Transfer mushrooms to sauce pan.
- 3Add remaining ingredients "except" for Corn Starch & additional Broth.
- 4Bring to soft boil for approx 5 minutes.
- 5Depending on preference & use of gravy; thicken with Corn Starch blended with Broth until smooth. (It's easiest to shake together in a small jar with lid).
- 6Add to gravy.
- 7Bring to soft boil & serve.
- 8TIP: to keep gravy hot for serving, keep in thermos & when needed, transfer to gravy boat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lisa's Easy Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning