- sliced fresh mushrooms (1 large container)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup beef drippings (or less)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy (Heinz HomeStyle Savory Beef)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 6 ounces beef broth (Chicken works fine too)
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning (Salt Free)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- black pepper (to taste)
- cornstarch (approx 2 TB) (optional)
- 2 ounces beef broth (Chicken works fine too) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in Olive Oil &/or Butter until tender & slightly browned.
- Transfer mushrooms to sauce pan.
- Add remaining ingredients "except" for Corn Starch & additional Broth.
- Bring to soft boil for approx 5 minutes.
- Depending on preference & use of gravy; thicken with Corn Starch blended with Broth until smooth. (It's easiest to shake together in a small jar with lid).
- Add to gravy.
- Bring to soft boil & serve.
- TIP: to keep gravy hot for serving, keep in thermos & when needed, transfer to gravy boat.