Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A breaded chicken with mushrooms and a sauce to die for. WW friendly - 5.5 pts
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dredge chicken in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add wine and next 4 ingredients; cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and mushrooms and place on a serving platter. Stir in mustard and juice into wine mixture and cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Outstanding flavor and easy preparation. This is a make again and again recipe. I only made with 2 chicken breast (just 2 of us) but kept the sauce amount the same. Served the extra sauce over mashed potatoes. Had green beans for a veggie. DH said this was worthy of being called "comfort" food. Thanks, Gallopin Gael for posting.
I made this for dinner tonite, and I thought it was very tasty, but my 15 yo son said he didn't like it. I think next time I would put the chicken, once browned, into an ovenproof dish, and let it finish cooking in the oven. Then finish with the mushrooms and add garlic and onion, saute, and then the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. But for me a very good recipe, thank you, Gallopin Gael!!
I will, will, will be making this again. The chicken came out fork tender with a nice crust. The mustard and wine made a great pair and a very pretty plate. I didn't alter the recipe at all. My DH and DS have asked to have this one again. Thanks for sharing this great, WW friendly recipe!