Recipe by Jen~with~one~N
My Italian girlfriend gave me this recipe. We like it so much we eat them at least once a month, which is a rarity because I love a good variety of dinners. This is easy to prepare and it cooks on low in a crockpot all day. Presto--
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use the Italian herb blends for an extra kick)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash mixed Italian herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut of tops of bell peppers and clean them out. Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the seasonings. (Extra meat mixture can be frozen.).
- Stuff the peppers and sit them in a crockpot with NO liquid, as the meat will provide the extra liquid. Sprinkle the herbs, salt and powder over the top of them. Sometimes I add a fresh basil leaf on top as well. Low temperature if cooking all day and covered.