Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fantastically easy ooey gooey chocolatey cookies that everyone raves about!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 5 cups dried shredded coconut (or more)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make sure you are using a larger bowl. Melt chocolate, condensed milk, vanilla, cocoa and hot water in a double boiler just until chocolate is completely melted. Take the mixture off the burner and mix in coconut one cup at a time until coconut has competely absorbed chocolate. More or less may be required depending on how moist your coconut is. More coconut can be added if stiffer cookies are desired.
- Drop chocolate coconut mixture by the spoonful onto parchment and bake in the oven 12-15 minutes or until set. The cookies should not spread very much at all. They will be soft after removing from the oven, so allow them to cool before removing from the parchment. Enjoy.