Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an EASY recipe I made up based on looking at various carrot cake recipes and using the bits I liked best from them. I love a moist and spicy carrot cake and this one works every time.
- 2 large carrots, grated (2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Bake approximately 3/4 hour at moderate temperature (180C).