Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Onion Soup burgers without the salt and lower in fat. Soup recipe adapted from Fix it and Forget it Diabetic Cookbook
- 1 lb 93% lean ground chuck
- 1 lb ground turkey breast, without skin
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion
- 8 tablespoons sodium-free beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 ounces egg whites
- Bring eggwhites to near room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients together. Form patties for cooking. Grill or pan fry.
- To freeze, place doubled layers of waxed paper between burgers, wax side to meat, and portion into zip or vacuum bags. Label bags with a 6 month use date. Freeze.