Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Until yesterday, I hated broccoli. Then my sister brought this to a get-together and I LOVED it. Never thought I'd willingly eat broccoli, but out I went to get the ingredients to make some last night. Thanks Lisa!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix (or more)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (golden are good)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (greek yogurt would probably be good)
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- black pepper
- Fry and crumble bacon. Drain. Mix mayo, sugar & vinegar. Pour over slaw; mix in bacon, sunflower seeds and raisins. Chill and enjoy!
This is incredibly delicious - I can't stop eating it! A couple minor substitutions...swapped seeds for slivered almonds, and raisins for craisins. I also added a touch of salt. Thank you for posting! :)
I made the following changes to the recipe........I didn't have any sunflower seeds so I left them out, I used craisins instead of raisins and used only about 1/2 lb. of bacon. I thought 1 cup of mayo sounded like it was too much so I cut the recipe for the dressing in half.....it turned out wonderful and tasted great! Love the combination of sweet craisins and salty bacon. I would definetely make this again. Made for Bargain Basement cooking tag game.