Recipe by chefkiss
This banana bread recipe was given to me by a good friend. My family begs for this all the time. I have to buy bananas just to make this. It is extremely easy to make and freezes well.
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- With mixer at medium speed, thoroughly mix shortening with sugar, then the eggs until light and fluffy (4 mins).
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until smooth. Turn into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. (DO NOT OPEN DOOR WHILE BAKING) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove.