Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This banana bread recipe was given to me by a good friend. My family begs for this all the time. I have to buy bananas just to make this. It is extremely easy to make and freezes well.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- With mixer at medium speed, thoroughly mix shortening with sugar, then the eggs until light and fluffy (4 mins).
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until smooth. Turn into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. (DO NOT OPEN DOOR WHILE BAKING) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove.
This recipe for banana bread is excellent. It is moist, flavorful, not to sweet, and so easy to make. It's just right! My whole family loves it.