1 hr 10 mins
This banana bread recipe was given to me by a good friend. My family begs for this all the time. I have to buy bananas just to make this. It is extremely easy to make and freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- 3With mixer at medium speed, thoroughly mix shortening with sugar, then the eggs until light and fluffy (4 mins).
- 4At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until smooth. Turn into pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour. (DO NOT OPEN DOOR WHILE BAKING) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lisa's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g