Recipe by LisaLisaB
I made this recipe up from a regular recipe. I wanted healthy pancakes for my kids that they would actually eat. They didn't like all whole wheat flour. It can't look like whole wheat so I came up with this. I add splenda and cinnamon to mine sometimes. I even sometimes add chocolate chips... or chopped apples...
Top Review by Lightchild247
Well, it worked! We were feeding a self described picky kid, and he thought that these pancakes were great. My husband and i liked them too. Because we were going on a camping trip, i pre-mixed the dry ingredients (including a heaping 1/3 cup of dry milk powder,) and later added the wet ingredients, using water instead of milk.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything except milk in a bowl and then add just enough milk to make the consistency you like. I usually use between 1 and 1 1/4 cups depending on the size of the eggs.
- I cook on a lightly sprayed griddle and the kids don't know they are not "regular" pancakes.