Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lisa is my wife and she doesn't cook vey often. The one thing she does cook great is her meatloaf. I never really knew what was in it. I asked her to write it down and give it to me. I couldn't believe how simple the ingredients were. Keep it simple! It works! I hope you enjoy! I'm sorry, but i did update the amount of meat Lisa corrected me...I think that's why someone said it was a little salty.....enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (Lawrys)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 4 ounces ketchup, to coat top
- Mix all ingredients gently and place into a loaf pan. Top with ketchup and spread even! Cook @ 350 for 60 minutes.
- I love to make sandwiches! We usually serve this with mashed potatos and green beans!
I made this for dinner the other night and it was a great flavorful meatloaf, without alot of extra's added in, just the needed ingredients. I omitted the celery and added some black pepper, family preference, and the only other change was to used crushed soda crackers for the bread crumbs. I just love the slightly crispy bottom and soft, moist interior and just the plain ketchup on top. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game!!
A nice simple meatloaf. We served with steamed veg for dinner tonight & enjoyed by the family. Next time I make this the only change would be to reduce the salt to 1 teaspoon but otherwise very nice. This is the last of 3 reviews for PAC 08