1/1 Photo of Liquid Green Fire Hot Sauce
Mark H.'s Note:
This tasty sauce is a sure-(green)fire way to wake up your taste buds. I consider it a health food; you can actually feel the calories melt away as you eat it. And even if it isn't actually burning calories, it's a much better way to work up a sweat than using a stair master. It can be used as a dip, a condiment, or a sauce for dishes like chile rellenos or enchiladas. It is best when you put refridgerate the sauce for about an hour after preparation to allow the boiled tomatillos and peppers to cool down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil tomatillos and peppers in water for about 10 minutes, or until the green color of the tomatillos and jalapenos turn from a slick green to a dull green (You want them to be soft, but not too mushy).
- 2Remove tomatillos and peppers from water; cut off stem caps from peppers, but do not remove seeds (unless you're a sissy).
- 3Place tomatillos, peppers, garlic, cilantro (if used), and a couple pinches of salt into a food processor.
- 4Blend in the food processor for 20-30 seconds, depending upon desired consistency.
- 5Taste the sauce, and if necessary, add more salt (pulse-mix a few times to stir in any added salt).
- 6Pour into a re-sealable container or jar, let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then enjoy with chips or use as a condiment.
- 7This sauce seems to keep well in the fridge for at least 10 days (I have never pushed it further than that, but then it usually doesn't last that long anyway).
- 8NOTE: After using the food processor, it is sometimes best to open in a well ventilated area as the fumes from processing boiling hot peppers can take your breath away.
- 9NOTE TO SISSIES: If you can't handle the heat, drinking milk and/or eating a flour tortilla will provide the best relief.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liquid Green Fire Hot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 331.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g