Recipe by RecipeMonster
This is a formula or fix for setting up jam or jellies that did not set!
Top Review by xtine
This worked very well for me - I had some jam which had not set, and this did the trick. FYI - this scales down well. I only had 4 half pints of jam to work with, so I just used the formula of 1/2 ounce each of sugar, lemon juice and pectin per half pint, and it set up beautifully. Thanks so much for posting this; it's so disappointing when jelly or jam does not set, and this does the trick to fix it!
- 8 cups jam or 8 cups jelly, un-set
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup liquid pectin (such as Certo)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the un-jelled mixture in a saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then add 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup liquid pectin.
- Return the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes only.
- Pour into freshly washed & sterilized hot jars.
- Seal with lid or wax.