Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Little updated twist on an classic, old-fashioned dessert!
- 1 pre made pie crust, blind baked in 9-inch pan and cooled
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons limoncello or 2 teaspoons other lemon-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar, tossing with a fork to blend.
- Add the flour-sugar mixture to boiling water and cook, whisking often, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly add the eggs, whisking vigorously.
- Return to medium-low heat and cook, whisking, until velvety smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and lemon extract and whisk just to blend.
- Pour into the cooled pastry shell and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.