Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Liqueur de Poire is a French pear liqueur that is easy to make and makes a wonderful gift. The hardest part is waiting three months for the maceration process. Be sure to shake the jar periodically when you check on its progress.
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece orange rind, pith removed
- 1⁄2 whole nutmeg
- 1 pint eau de vie or 1 pint vodka
- 6 ounces sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pear and spices in a jar large enough to hold all of the vodka. Seal and place in a sunny window for one month.
- After the one month period, add sugar and reseal.
- Place jar in a location that receives sunlight for at least part of the day, for 3 months. Periodically shake the jar when you check on its progress.
- Strain into a pretty bottle and cork. You can add the used cinnamon stick & nutmeg to the bottle for decoration.