You can use any kind of liqueur you want; I used Kahlua.
Make and share this Liqueur Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a double boiler with hot but not boiling water, melt 7 oz chocolate. You can let the chocolate hang out in the pan while you take care of the rest of the ingredients.
- Cream the butter until it is white and smooth, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- At this point the chocolate will be melted. Add the liquer, whisk it in, and let it simmer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add the vanilla and salt. Beat 1 minute or until light in color and frothy.
- Add the chocolate mixture, beat until combined.
- Fold in the flour. Do not overmix!
- Pour into a greased 7x9 pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (or less if you like gooey, fudgy brownies).
- When the brownies are done, put the rest of the chocolate on the top and let it melt. Smooth it over the top and refrigerate.