Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A wonderfully moist pork roast that is so teander it will just fall apart around cooking. Great for the whole family...even the husband. :)
- 3 lbs pork roast or 2 large butterflied pork chops
- 2 packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- Place pork into a crock pot and cover with water or chicken stock/broth (if you use stock/broth do not add chicken boulions).
- Turn crock pot onto low.
- Add soup mix, ketchup, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and boulins.
- Mix spices as well as you can into the water.
- Cover and let cook for atleast 7-8 hours.
- A wonderful side with this is white or brown rice that has been cooked in the broth from the crock pot instead of water.
- Believe me, you will love it.
Very tender and very good but very salty. I will leave out the salt next time altogether. Thanks for sharing!
DH and I both really loved this recipe; him for the fall apart tenderness and wonderful taste and me for all that but add on a breeze to make. I did add a cut up potatoe, some celery, onion and carrots to it and omitted the salt. The veggies blended well with the gravy and made for a delicious and filling dinner that we'll be making again. Thanks so much for posting.
Good and easy to make roast. I had a two pound roast so followed someone elses instuctions and used 1/3 cup of ketchup, one packet of onion soup, 1/2 tsp of all the spices and 3 bouillon cubes. Next time I would omit the salt as we thought this was a bit salty. It made a very tender roast. I cooked mine on high for four hours as I was pressed for time.