Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very quick weekday meal, and very tasty too...the coating keeps the pork chops moist.
- 6 pork chops
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 package Ritz cracker, crushed
- melted butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a shallow baking pan.
- Mix the crushed crackers with the dry soup mix.
- Coat each pork chop in egg.
- Roll in cracker/soup mix crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, turning over at halfway point.
Very good! I didn't have Ritz crackers so I used breadcrumbs with the Lipton's Onion Soup mix. I had 2 thick butterflied pork chops and used an iron skillet in the oven. I changed cooking time to just 30 minutes because todays pork is much leaner and then used extra melted butter for drizzling when I turned them. They were delicious but one edge of one chop was not as tender as the rest. Next time I think I will take them out after 25 minutes. They continue to cook while resting and I think the few minutes less will make them perfect!! Especially yummy!!
I thought this was stunning! The first time I made it, I was short on Ritz crackers so I used some french fried onions. Super onion-y and great! Thanks for posting!
This is so delicious it is now one of my favorites. I changed the recipe a little by substituting bread crumbs for the crackers and still had awesome results.
I will definitely be making this again.